217,336 members
3,320,477 photos
8,160,791 comments
 Fotothing Chat    Off Topic    Showing Off    Tips    Cameras    Editing    Printing    Competitions    Requests    Bugs   

Fractal Art

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Posted By Message
larrybenedict
Thu 12th Jun 2008 23:12
Elise suggested I start a blog to help those who are interested in fractals. I am not a blogger, but will do my best to learn how this works. I may ask directions at first until I learn the tricks.
I believe it was Senna3 who arroused my interest in fractals. This is how I got started: http://www.fractalarts.com/ASF/Tutor1.html It's kinda like "Fractals for Dummy's". Senna3 posted this site with one of his fractals: http://home.houston.rr.com/fergusonsc/Tierazon-v29/
I am happy to share whatever I have learned by stumbling around in the software.
senna3
Fri 13th Jun 2008 12:23
Larry, I just read your above forum post and "googled" blog to find out what exactly a blog is. Good old Wikipedia gave me all the information and I think that Elise's suggestion is really great.
So I will be pleased to contribute to your Fractal blog!
Elise
Fri 13th Jun 2008 16:29
Thanks Larry, I would really love to learn fractals..and I think many Ft'rs are also interested to learn. :))
lynnj04
Fri 13th Jun 2008 17:54
can i just say i have just spent hours of fun with that thread. I would love to learn more i think it is a great idea :-))
larrybenedict
Sat 14th Jun 2008 01:01
I've just googled "blog" on Wikipedia to see what a blog actually is. Oh, my...what have I done! Elise, help!!! What have you gotten me into?
larrybenedict
Sat 14th Jun 2008 01:06
Will someone tell me how to put that little box (with another person's comment) in my post?
jomoud PRO
Sat 14th Jun 2008 01:55
Originally posted by larrybenedict:
Will someone tell me how to put that little box (with another person's comment) in my post?

On the bottom of a message you see a few links:
Profile - Latest Photo - Private Message - Quick Quote

Highlight the comment of the other person
then hit "Quick Quote"
and it will be in the new message box automatically
larrybenedict
Sat 14th Jun 2008 02:49
Originally posted by jomoud:
On the bottom of a message you see a few links:
Profile - Latest Photo - Private Message - Quick Quote

Highlight the comment of the other person
then hit "Quick Quote"
and it will be in the new message box automatically

Thank you John.
larrybenedict
Sat 14th Jun 2008 21:06
One hint, given to me by Senna3 was to explore the larger fractal by drawing a box around some remote area....right click for a menu...choose zoom. From there (if you like the pattern) go through various filters and colors in the software to find something that excites your eye.
Elise
Sat 14th Jun 2008 21:16
here it is Larry

[ed04227ecdc9bcef839614600b11a671]
larrybenedict
Sun 15th Jun 2008 01:00
Wowser......(my Jenylew word) How did you put the picture of the fractal here? OK....I know I may be slow to learn, but I am not very smart! :-)
larrybenedict
Sun 15th Jun 2008 01:10
There was a question from Jomoud (in a comment on Elise's page) about saving the fractals in JPeg.
Initially, the software (Tierazon 29) doesn't offer JPeg, so I just save the fractals in "all files" and convert it to JPeg with "HP photo and imaging" software. I'm sure everyone has their personal favorite for conversions....use whatever you like. Although Tierazon 29 is relatively simple to navigate, there is much to learn to get the most from it. This blog (suggested to me by Elise) is just such a place to learn from those of us who have plowed through some of it. I am confident that I have the most to learn.
larrybenedict
Sun 15th Jun 2008 02:52
http://www.fotothing.com/larrybenedict/photo// from this fractal, I will generate another from a fragment of this one. Notice the yellow portion at the top...I will draw a box around it, right click and zoom in. Pay particular attention to the little black spot in the yellow portion, and notice it again in the next fractal....only it's bigger now.
larrybenedict
Sun 15th Jun 2008 03:16
http://www.fotothing.com/larrybenedict/photo// This is that fragment, but with a slight color change. In the original fractal fragment, I used the color filter # 03.
In this fragment, all parameters were the same, except I changed the color filter to # 14 and played with the color parameters to fine tune the color I liked best.
senna3
Sun 15th Jun 2008 07:04
Perhaps it is helpful if we provide with each fractal posted at FT the basic Tierazon parameters (Draw, Filter, Colour). Of course, these parameters are not sufficient to reproduce that particular fractal, but at least it provides an interesting fractal world which can be explored by those who are interested. Moreover, it offers a challenge to really find back that particular fractal!

From some date on, I made notes of these (Draw, Filter, Colour) parameters and I will now add them to my own Tierazon fractals as far as available.
lynnj04
Sun 15th Jun 2008 07:13

my first fractal
senna3
Sun 15th Jun 2008 08:06
Excellent result Lynn!
I tried to enlarge this fractal picture at your page to see all details, but the largest size was not possible because you chose a 600-by-800 fractal size. You can change the size via the Size button in the lefthand toolbar of Tierazon (7th button from above).
abojovna PRO
Sun 15th Jun 2008 13:24
Good morning! Thank you, thank you Elise for open this forum about fractals technique. I have still problems with softwar Tiearzon, especialy with zooming my image! :-)
Have a nice creative Sunday everyone!
Claudia

http://www.fractalarts.com/ASF/Tutor4.html
martini957
Sun 15th Jun 2008 20:47
Great idea on this interesting subject Larry....fun for everyone, you can just click away with no great understanding or dig deeper into the fine print of understanding and get awesome results either way....usually when our eyes take in art, we either like it or we don't...we don't spend much time pondering HOW it came to be, but with fractals, you will find yourself constantly wondering HOW THE HECK DID THEY DO THAT lol
check out my awesome fractal....yeah, I'm still in fractal gindergarten lol...but some here on FT are in fractal college : )) check em out and be amazed...then go and try them for yourself : ))

[87941f8003f7f2f135af68f26e4d61f6]
larrybenedict
Mon 16th Jun 2008 01:24
http://www.fotothing.com/larrybenedict/photo//
Should anyone doubt Senna3's teaching abilities, just read his post. This is an example of the basic parameter language he developed for communicating the idea of where to find a particular fractal and it's fragments. This fractal can be found here: D71 F28 FD12 (no color method was used here) I did manipulate the colors with the slide controls.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

FT1